Tuesday Feb 17th 7:30pm
Mardi Gras @ Cedar Cultural Center
Opening for No BS! Brass Band (Richmond, VA)
Doors Open: 7:00pm
Day of show: $12.00
Standing show; all ages
New Orleans brass at The Cedar on Fat Tuesday!
No BS! Brass takes the New Orleans brass band into uncharted territory, fearlessly combining elements of James Brown, John Coltrane, Michael Jackson, and Led Zeppelin into their fiercely original sound. Trained in the conservatory and hardened in the garage, No BS! Brass has performed at the Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, the Festival of New Trumpet Music, and on National Public Radio’s Tiny Desk Concert. Equally at home in the club or on the parade route, in the concert hall or on a festival stage, No BS! Brass creates new believers wherever it goes, and earned a reputation as THE band to see for heart-pounding energy and music that leads to uncontrollable dancing.
“I like the No BS! Brass Band either way: kicking it with funk or clearing room for a screeching free-jazz solo. The point isn’t to redefine what a brass band can do, but that’s what No BS! achieves. From Virginia comes a storm of a brass ensemble that has decided it can do what it wants as long as it does it very, very well.”
Jim Fusilli, NPR – All Things Considered
Local New Orleans jazz trio Zack Lozier Three opens. (7:30pm)
Ticket options and info
- On sale date: now!
- Phone: 612-338-2674 ext 0 between 12 noon and 4pm M-F ($2 fee per ticket)
- In person: From a Cedar volunteer in the front lobby during events (no fee; cash, check, credit card), Depth of Field (no fee; cash or check only), or Electric Fetus (approximately $2 fee)
- Online: Ticketfly (typically $2–$3 fee/ticket) (click on red Buy Tickets button at top of this page) until 5pm day of show
- The Cedar is an all ages venue
- Students with ID, seniors over 65, and children under 12 may purchase tickets at a discount at the door (subject to ticket availability).